Friday, September 9, 2011

untainted innocence.

SO. I was at the park yesterday with my buddy leah. We we're at the park with my kidlets, and she had the following and interesting point. The conversation went like this:
Leah: "You know what I love about kids?"
Me: "what's that?"
Leah: "When they're happy, they're geniunely happy. They don't know how to fake emotions."
Me: "huh... That's a good point... I'm going to blog about that."
Leah: " Sweet."

When did we learn how to fake emotions. When a child is banging pots and pans together, and giggling their face off, that is true joy. They're not thinking about who's watching, and what kind of impression they're giving off. They don't care if they fart when they laugh, or if they pee themselves while having a good time. (usually under 3 that is)
Think about it, if you were surrounded by a large group of people, and happened to find something utterly comical, in turn, releasing a fart in the moment.... Your sheer joy, turns into embarrassment.. Or mortification. Maybe if you're super awesome, and don't care, then this doesn't apply to you. But I bet if that fart stunk really bad, you'd be in the other boat SO fast.
I didn't intend this blog to be about farting. LOL.
Kids are so innocent. They don't know that swears are swears unless they hear it, repeat it, and are told not to say it.
Kids don't know that if you're having a grumpy day, you should hide it because it gives a negative impression. I know in the case of my kids, if they are grumpy, they do not care one bit who is around!! (much to my dismay)
It's a beautiful thing to watch. Now I'm not saying we should all go out into public places, lay on the floor, and throw super intense tantrums.. Because we would probably get arrested and sent to the psych ward.
I guess in a way ignorance IS bliss. I am now starting to wonder if child-like emotion, child-like faith and child-like imagination are things that us as adults can aspire to re-visit.
When we ask a question, instead of over-analyzing the answer, just accept it. (unless it' something like megan fox is actually a woman. because we all know that's not true.) oooooo tension. I can feel it as I continue to type.
Some food for thought I guess. I'm guessing returning to that mindset is near impossible. I don't think that the immaturity in all of us, is the child in all of us. Kids are pretty mature when you think about it.. When they're young, and still ask for permission for drinks and snacks. Permission to leave the night light on a little bit longer, to go to the washroom when they're already in bed..
There has to be a loop hole somewhere. I don't think that it just "happens" as we get older. We phase out those parts of our brain or some other scientific explanation that I cannot give you. Maybe it's parenting. Maybe it's daycare. Or maybe it's God's way of showing us that as life goes on, we have to CHOOSE to trust him, to believe in him, or follow him. As a child you have the luxury of believing in what you believe in, with no explanation.. There's the age (i don't know which age, but I'm not really looking forward to it when my girls get there to be honest.) where everything becomes questionable. Reason, intentions, rules, curfews, allowance, jobs, religion.. I duno. I don't think I really have a concluding point. Maybe that's a good thing. Let your mind wander. Obviously that's what 95% of my posts are, mind wandering. LOL

So.. Los Angeles.
11days.. 12 days until the ellen show. I wish I could bang on the keyboard and translate my sheer excitement. But I guess apostrophe's and asterics signs will have to do!!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!
I have left my kids before. But from a friday morning, to a sunday afternoon. This is a wednesday afternoon, to a monday night. I know they will be fine. I am not worried about them missing me. My parents take good care of them, and Howie is a fantastic dad. But to the mom's reading this, maybe you can level with me for a min. I know I'm going to have fun, but I just have to GET there first. Does that make sense? Once I'm there, off the plane, in line at the ELLEN show, I will transition.
I know I will miss my kids. good thing Skype was invented. (and yes I am taking my laptop so I can skype with my kids.) I think it's more for my state of mind than anything LOL.
Alright. I gota header. Happy friday readers. Have a great and safe weekend, I'll be posting monday.
xo
cass

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, it's straight from the heart and inspiring. Thank you for opening my mind today!
    Roxie

    ReplyDelete

Bambi on Ice

We’ve made it through another year! For some of you, 2019 might have been the hardest year and for others it may have been the best year yet...