Wednesday, February 16, 2011

unknown

Just finished another episode of american idol. I almost cried this time. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I have a heart.
For some reason this got me thinking about dreams, maturity, fame, and the "music world". I feel like these shows are moving the age meter lower and lower just to influence younger kids, and therefore make more money.
I feel bad for the kids on Idol. While they're in Hollywood "living the dream" they're soaking in so much criticism, negative and above their head life situations. Sorry if that doesnt make sense. It won't be long before the healthy beautiful girls that could become respectable role models for pre-teens, turn into miley wannabees, get thrown into a gym, and have about 2lbs of makeup applied to their faces. Or before the cute seemingly innocent boys get thrown into ed hardy and start popping their collar.
On that note, why is being famous so desired? I don't get it. Having paparazzi follow you around, waiting for you to do or say something minutely taboo so they can blow it up into an US weekly cover story? Is it the paycheck? all of the free perks?? Ya it all sounds sweet, but why are these "celebreties" so different from us? Because we know how much they make? we know if they've ever cheated? How many kids they have, their names, how many times they've married? Are we really that twisted that we seek so much pleasure in another persons' garbage and gossip?? But time and time again the excuse that "they aren't real people" is used. I would like to continue and go on and on about this, for atleast 2 more paragraphs, but it's late and I am sure that you will be angry at me for capturing your mind and whisking you away to my world where celebreties are treated as equals... oh jeeze, now THAT is wishful thinking.
If I ever become famous, I hope that you know I will be just as self absorbed as angelina.. except i will have better lips, and i won't look like im sucking on a sour candy 24/7... ok maybe not self absorbed, but I will definitley play the celeb card. You would too. don't lie to yourself.. it's not healthy for you.
p.s. is anyone wanting to get rid of a treadmill for a few months?
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bambi on Ice

We’ve made it through another year! For some of you, 2019 might have been the hardest year and for others it may have been the best year yet...