Sunday, January 29, 2012

Who has nice buns?

Alright, so friday continued to go by, and I kept putting off making those buns. I really wasn't sure if I was ready to commit to this ordeal. So I went shopping instead. Which was well worth the time, because I stocked up on clothes for the girls, and they should be good for a while!

SO .
Saturday after lunch, I decided to tackle these mofo's and just do it already.
it can't be that hard right?

I called my mom and asked her how many cups of flour to add, and she tells me to just slowly add it until its the right consistancy.
what. the. heck.
I've never made these before, and now my mom/wife skills are on the line to determine if I can spot the right consistancy of homemade buns?!
I'm sure its about 6-7cups of flour, but man my arms are sore from stirring that for over an hour.
Ok, THEN. I'm all proud of myself, because I remembered to turn the oven on right as I started, so that it would be ready to go when the dough was done.
Well, it does NOT specify on my moms recipe that the oven is NOT supposed to be on when the dough is rising, because that will cook the dough.
I didn't know this.
So my mom calls me, and I asked her: "I don't understand how this whole tea-towel thing over the dough works, mine keeps catching on fire!"
Well, as she was informing me: "THE OVEN'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ON!! QUICK TAKE IT OUT!"
I was scrambling to get the oven open, and going to grab the bowl out. Well I'll be damned those things are hot without oven mitts.
My dough was salvagable, but I was not impressed that my already 4hr mission,  has now had a setback, and I had yet to do my make-up before my night out.
I then began to add more flour, because now my dough became tacky again. *sigh*.
So, 2 dozen buns, a loaf of bread and a pan of cinnamon buns, I think I did alright. They are not hockey puck material, so I guess that's a win.
Just a little side note: I thought I was being clever by getting dressed in my evening outfit BEFORE I started baking etc, thinking that if I ran out of time, I could just run out of the house... Life doesn't work that way.
I don't know if there was a non-flour patch of material on me.
ah well.
NEXT time...I will be more prepared, etc.
Have a great sunday / week.
blog soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bambi on Ice

We’ve made it through another year! For some of you, 2019 might have been the hardest year and for others it may have been the best year yet...